Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SAB: For Being You and Blendabilities

Yesterday, Stampin' UP! announced that they would no longer be selling Blendabilities.  This is due to the manufacturer being unable to meet Stampin' UP!s high quality testing requirements prior to shipping. As a result, and to prevent further disappointment in the markers, they have been discontinued.

I was so hoping (as I am sure all of you were) that they would be able to fix the quality issues. I know that many of you have these markers, as I do.  I will continue to use mine even though they are discontinued and I encourage you to use yours since you have invested in them as well.  Chris Smith (my upline) has a post HERE sharing what she has done to her "dry" Blendabilities.  I encourage you to check it out and see if this helps your markers down the road, if needed.

With that being said, I did make a few cards (before knowing this revelation) using the new SAB set called "For Being You". In a previous post HERE, I talked about how you don't have to use Memento black ink as your base every time you color.  For example, for this first card, I stamped the "thanks" in Lost Lagoon ink, and colored it in using my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.

For my second card, I stamped "thanks" in Coastal Cabana ink and colored it in with my Calypso Coral Blendabilities.


And for my third card, I did stamp the image with Memento Black ink, and colored it in using Pink Pirouette and the Blush color from the Skin Tone Assortment.

These are just a few simple and different ways I wanted to show you how to use your Blendabilities.  So even though they have been discontinued- enjoy the one's you have.  Perhaps, SU will surprise us and find a new quality alcohol marker for us to use in the future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.