Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Love is Kindness

Hello, crafty friends.  Today I am sharing a card  I made using the "Love is Kindness" single stamp from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  I was trying to make a clean and simple card with a lot of white space.  Here's what I came up with:

Stampin' UP! ink colors are: Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Gumball Green (retired) and Tempting Turquoise.  
Here's how I created it:  I sponged the colors onto a piece of white cardstock. I then spritzed it with a water bottle and dried it with my heat tool.  When it was completely dry, I stamped the image and added some "spots" from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  The paper was kinda curled from the water and subsequent drying, so I layered another piece of paper behind it to help it lay flat. :)


I added a little piece of "mock stitching" from a retired embossing folder and a Scalloped Edge Border in Tempting Turquoise. Will that punch ever get old? :)


The main panel is stamped using the Dictionary background stamp with Smoky Slate ink. I then used the Dots and Stripes Mask  to sponge in the circles.   I am submitting this card into the AAA cards #35 Bare Naked CAS.  Here is their challenge:

The challenge is to "go very white, with a layer or two....and clean and simple". 

Here's the products I used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Thanks for stopping by! 


5 comments:

  1. Stunning image and watercolouring here.
    Love the layout too - just off centre makes it really striking. Thanks for linking up at AAA Cards and playing along. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scalloped edge and I agree that it is a look that is timeless! Great fun colours too for a fun CAS card! Thanks for joining in the fun at AAA! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercoloured background colours are just fab! Super, pretty card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See through stamp on cool watercoloring! Looks fantastic like that. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards. It will be fun to see more cards sometimes too. Take care, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the elements of this card - sponging, spattering, sequins twin... all come together for a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.