Sunday, May 15, 2016

Country Flowers

Hello, and happy Sunday!  I have been quite busy with my huge retired rubber stamp sale over the last couple of days, and I thank all of you who came out and took some of my old treasures off my plate! Today, I want to share a card I made with the "extra" stamp set that Stampin' UP! gave us in the April Paper Pumpkin kit called "All About Everything".

Card base is Blackberry Bliss, followed by Mossy Meadow DSP, and then a piece of Crumb Cake stamped with the Hardwood background stamp using Crumb Cake ink.  I distressed it with my fingernail.  The main flower image is stamped in Rose Red ink and I cut it out and curled the petals outwards.  The smaller flowers are stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink.  The flower centers are stamped in Crushed Curry and the stems are stamped in Mossy Meadow ink.  I also add a "blue sky" in the background using Soft Sky ink.  The little berry flowers are stamped in Crumb Cake ink and I went back and added some dots of glue using my Fine Tip glue pen and sprinkled a little gold glitter on it.  To finish the card off, and I added some Linen Thread, gold sequins and a strip of Gold Foil paper.  All items used are current.  These darker colors made me think of flowers you would fine out in the woods. Hence the name "Country Flowers" for today's post. :)

Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!  Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.