Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Holiday Catalog preview: Death by Chocolate!

Hello, crafty friends. Today I am sharing a halloween treat bag I made using items from the annual catalog as well as the NEW and upcoming Holiday Catalog.
First, I created a bag using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits which can be found in the annual catalog on page 171.  It is one of my favorite thinlit sets.



To create the bag, I cut 2 "fronts" using Pumpkin Pie cardstock.  I then cut the zig zag top off each "side" (after the score line), and then scored that side piece 1/2" from the end. Here is a picture of one of the "fronts" cut and scored for you to see.


I, then stamped the Watercolor Wash background stamp using Pumpkin Pie ink. Next, I stamped the spider web image from the Witches' Night stamp set around the edges of one side of the die cut pieces (you could do both) with my NEW Archival Basic Black ink pad.  I, then stamped the tombstone image from the Sweet Hauntings stamp set onto white cardstock and sponged in Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie ink randomly onto it. I then punched it out using the Note Tag punch and layered it onto a Lots of Labels Framelits (I cut the bottom off of the framelit).  I punched in holes and added ribbon to the top to close it. 



Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate with.  I have more projects to share, so don't forget to check back. Till then, happy stamping!









No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.