Skip to main content

Dynanic Duos #84: "Black Tie" week

Hello, and happy Saturday!!! It's time for another fun color challenge at Dynamic Duos! It's Black Tie week and we are looking for crafty creations using Cherry Cobbler and  Black.  And to make it more festive, the dessert option is to add some "sparkle".  Here's the challenge:

 
And here's what I made. It was such a fun project to make! This gift card holder was inspired by Julie Davidson.  I did change the size of mine to make it a little bit bigger).

A close up of jolly Santa....:)
And here is what it looks like when you open the gift box.  I also made a matching envelope. :)
I cut a Velcro closure in 1/2 and used it to keep it closed. If you haven't made one of these gift card holders....you need to!  Very fun to make! ")

RECIPE:
STAMPS: Color Me Christmas and Teeny Tiny Wishes
INK: Stazon Black and Cherry Cobbler


PAPER: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, White, Silver Glimmer and Season of Style DSP
ACCESSORIES: Gift Bow Die, Envelope Liner Die, Oval Framelit, Holiday Collection Framelits, Scallop Border punch, 1" circle punch, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and Aqua painter.  (Ho-Ho-Ho is a retired Sizzlit Die)


Please make sure to stop by and visit the other designers and see what they have made for this weeks challenge!  Hope you join us! :)

The Dynamic Duo Team:



Have a wonderful weekend! I hope you are finished with all your Christmas shopping and decorating! Hopefully, I will get to make cookies and of course- stamp!  :)



Comments

  1. Very cute!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a spectacular design! love that big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your festive gift card holder!! The Santa is so cute and the bow is fabulous!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, Annette. That little Santa just makes me smile. I love your use of the Diagonal Stripes as ribbon and on your bow along with the HO,HO,HO! Sure to make someone happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Spooktacular...

Hello! Today, I have a Spooktacular Bash card to share with you today using many of the Monster Bash Suite products. I love Halloween, and love to decorate my house even though my kids are basically grown up.  It's just plan ol' fun! :)  Stampin' UP! did a fantastic job creating the matching Ornate Frames Dies .  I love the swirls in this frame surrounding Dracula. I did a Facebook live video of this card this morning, and you can see it by heading over to my FB page HERE . Friday, is the LAST day to qualify for FREE goodies in my Monster Bash Card Class using the Spooktacular Bash Bundle!! September Host Code: 9FY6VWKN Place a $50 order (before shipping/tax) using my current Host Code   and receive any item of your choice  valued up to $8.50  from either the annual or Holiday Stampin' UP! catalog. Purchase the   Spooktacular Bundle  using my Host Code and receive:  a PDF containing 6 projects,  the ...

Quilt card

This is a quilt card I made back in January at my up line's (Chris Smith) home.  I added the embossed flower using  the Daydream Medallions stamp set along with the SAB stamp set Madison Avenue .  These two stamp sets work well together.  The flower petals were made with  the Floral Frames Framelits die.  I will probably store these two sets together. : )  Recipe: Daydream Medallions, Madison Avenue (SAB) and Vintage Verses (SAB) stamp sets; Sycamore Street DSP (SAB), Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango card stock; Island Indigo, Versa Mark pad inks; White Emb. powder, Floral Frames Framelits, Postage Stamp punch, Square Lattice Emb. Folder, Pool Party SAB button and Whisper White Bakers Twine. Enjoy your day!  I have limited time to create my youngest child's birthday card...which is tomorrow!  Happy Stamping, and hope you get to stamp a latte!

Silly Old Bear Suite

 Happy Friday! Today, I have 2 very cute creations to share with you using the Silly Old Bear Suite . One Pooh Bear is a die cut right from the Silly Old Bear 12" x 12" DSP , while the other Pooh Bear is stamped in Early Espresso ink and colored with the new Golden Glow Stampin' Blends. Every image on 2 sheets of the Silly Old Bear 12" x 12" DSP can be die cut out using the Sweet Old Friends Dies !  How cool is that?! The first card I made (on the right side) uses the new In Color Crisp Cantaloupe.  I stamped the frame from the Sweet Old Words   Stamp Set using Crisp Cantaloupe and die cut it out using the coordinating Sweet Old Words Dies followed by another Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock layer.   I also die cut 2 honey pot images from the Silly Old Bear 12" x 12" DSP and a tree stump from the Sweet Old Friends Dies.    I created a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" money holder card using a 7 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock scored ...