Skip to main content

PP169: Greetings of the Season

Yippee! Yesterday, I finished making and addressing all my Halloween cards and gifts that I send to my family (and now my son in college) and am now moving onto Christmas themed projects.: )  After teaching Sunday School, picking up trash in the ditches for Youth Group fundraising, and taking my little dog, Riley out for a well deserved walk on this beautiful day...I headed to my stamping room while my 2 children did their homework.  With a coffee in hand (homemade mocha) and Christmas music playing in the background....I found a fun sketch to follow at Paper Players. : )  A stampers life doesn't get much better than that, right???  Here's the sketch:
And here's what I made:
 The Winter Frost Specialty DSP is awesome!  Very trendy, cool colors to work with!
 I stamped the tree in Island Indigo ink onto Smoky Slate card stock and hand cut it out.  When the card was completely assembled, I added glue dots using my Multipurpose Liquid Glue and sprinkled Silver Stampin' Glitter over it.  I used my small Oval punch (retired) to make the cute little bow.  It's hard to see, but I also used the Stylish Stripes Embossing folder on the white piece of card stock.  I love how this folder makes a clean, yet stylish background- hence the name! : ) 
RECIPE:
STAMPS: Christmas Lodge (#123769), Greetings of the Season (#128033)
INK: Island Indigo
PAPER: Smoky Slate, Island Indigo and Whisper White
ACCESSORIES: Winter Frost Specialty DSP, Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Silver 1/8" Ribbon, Silver Stampin' Glitter, 3/8" Brights Glimmer Brads and small Oval punch.
Thanks for stopping by!  Happy stamping!

Comments

  1. Anonymous10/27/2013

    Wow Annette! that is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love all the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I saw your entry on the Paper Players and had to come see it. It's BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love the colors and the little bow above the banners. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! What a striking card...beautiful all around! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the cute bow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annemtte...WOW!! Seriously! What a gorgeous holiday card! I love the bow and the decorated tree. Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I was so excited, I was typing your name too quickly.Eeek, sorry Annette! Hugs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. The tree was the perfect element in the corner and perfectly highlights the DSP. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annette, this is so gorgeous! LOVE IT! So many sweet details- the bow, the glimmer brads the tree and the banners. Did I cover everything? oh, and that Stripes EF- wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Annette - the fussy cut tree is perfect. A worthy winner over at The Paper Players this week - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your pick at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Spooktacular...

Hello! Today, I have a Spooktacular Bash card to share with you today using many of the Monster Bash Suite products. I love Halloween, and love to decorate my house even though my kids are basically grown up.  It's just plan ol' fun! :)  Stampin' UP! did a fantastic job creating the matching Ornate Frames Dies .  I love the swirls in this frame surrounding Dracula. I did a Facebook live video of this card this morning, and you can see it by heading over to my FB page HERE . Friday, is the LAST day to qualify for FREE goodies in my Monster Bash Card Class using the Spooktacular Bash Bundle!! September Host Code: 9FY6VWKN Place a $50 order (before shipping/tax) using my current Host Code   and receive any item of your choice  valued up to $8.50  from either the annual or Holiday Stampin' UP! catalog. Purchase the   Spooktacular Bundle  using my Host Code and receive:  a PDF containing 6 projects,  the ...

Quilt card

This is a quilt card I made back in January at my up line's (Chris Smith) home.  I added the embossed flower using  the Daydream Medallions stamp set along with the SAB stamp set Madison Avenue .  These two stamp sets work well together.  The flower petals were made with  the Floral Frames Framelits die.  I will probably store these two sets together. : )  Recipe: Daydream Medallions, Madison Avenue (SAB) and Vintage Verses (SAB) stamp sets; Sycamore Street DSP (SAB), Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango card stock; Island Indigo, Versa Mark pad inks; White Emb. powder, Floral Frames Framelits, Postage Stamp punch, Square Lattice Emb. Folder, Pool Party SAB button and Whisper White Bakers Twine. Enjoy your day!  I have limited time to create my youngest child's birthday card...which is tomorrow!  Happy Stamping, and hope you get to stamp a latte!

Silly Old Bear Suite

 Happy Friday! Today, I have 2 very cute creations to share with you using the Silly Old Bear Suite . One Pooh Bear is a die cut right from the Silly Old Bear 12" x 12" DSP , while the other Pooh Bear is stamped in Early Espresso ink and colored with the new Golden Glow Stampin' Blends. Every image on 2 sheets of the Silly Old Bear 12" x 12" DSP can be die cut out using the Sweet Old Friends Dies !  How cool is that?! The first card I made (on the right side) uses the new In Color Crisp Cantaloupe.  I stamped the frame from the Sweet Old Words   Stamp Set using Crisp Cantaloupe and die cut it out using the coordinating Sweet Old Words Dies followed by another Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock layer.   I also die cut 2 honey pot images from the Silly Old Bear 12" x 12" DSP and a tree stump from the Sweet Old Friends Dies.    I created a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" money holder card using a 7 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock scored ...