Monday, July 15, 2013

My nephew turns "2"!

This is the card I made for my little adorable nephew who turns the big number "2" in about a week from today.  Wish we lived closer so I could see the little guy in person. :( 
To get me started on the card, I searched for a sketch to follow. I decided to use the Mojo Monday Sketch 301 as my card layout.  Near the middle of creating it,  I decided to change my card layout from landscape to portrait.  Here's what I came up with:
 Of course I grabbed my Birthday Basics DSP (again) to create the card! I used a retired birthday set for the balloons and colored them with Bermuda Bay and Summer Starfruit markers.  I also painted some shimmer paint onto the number 2 and a little paint was added to the balloons as well.
RECIPE:
STAMPS: Fabulous Phrases and Crazy for Cupcakes (retired)
INK: Black StazOn
PAPER: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Bermuda Bay, Gumball Green, Very Vanilla and Birthday Basics DSP
ACCESSORIES: Oval Framelits, Argyle embossing folder, Occasions and Essentials paper piercing packs, Bigz Simple Numbers Die (retired) Bermuda and Summer Starfruit markers, Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler brads (retired) and Champagne Shimmer paint (retired).

Hope you are enjoying the summer!  Happy stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.