Friday, May 15, 2009

My grandpa Jack



Last night my grandpa Jack passed away after trying to recover from bypass surgery that he had back in December 2008. He was 82 years old. Here he is with my Uncle Mike. I had made plans with my sister to fly out on Tuesday to see him one last time.

My grandpa was a very positive and funny man. I have so many wonderful and funny memories of him. One of his and my favorites was when he bought me my first "grown up beverage" when I turned 21. He was so proud to show me off to his friends.

Last Saturday when I talked to him, he said he was ready to go home and that he lived a good life.

I will miss him dearly. But at least he is at peace and not in anymore pain. Plus he gets to be with my grandma again.
I love you, grandpa Jack. And I will miss you very much. Annette
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.