Thursday, September 4, 2008

Upsy Daisy....Hawaii Papaya Ds style!


I think everyone has this set by now...or has at least taken advantage of the discount Stampin' UP! has offered for this beautiful set...if you haven't purchased this set...there still is time. See the "Never Before Seen" special at http://www.stampinup.com/ .

I made this card while in Canada over Labor Day weekend. Problem was (at least for me) that I did not have any chocolate chip card stock, I forgot my craft white pad and embossing powder, and I forgot my whisper white card stock. Plus I did not have kiwi kiss striped ribbon.
Some how I made it through the designing phase of this card using close to cocoa card stock, my vanilla craft pad (without emb. powder) and non SU ribbon. I think it turned out OK. But I do need to make a point here...I know I am spoiled with all of SU's matching products if I am complaining about how this card turned out! There is a significant difference when stamping a solid image on non-SU white card stock...it's just not as clear. Here you can sorta tell, but non- stampers can't!!!!!!
I was immediately attracted to Hawaii Papaya DS paper because I love browns (I wear them a lot) and terracotta. Have you seen my kitchen? Just take a look at the top picture of this blog...that pretty much sums it up...coffee...and those warm colors...colors of fall- they are the best.

After I made this card, I decided to change the background and use all of the different patterns in the Hawaii Papaya DS paper...so the other photo is of my preassembly of it. They all turned out great...however I did not take a picture of the finished product. I will have to do that later and share tomorrow. Till then, enjoy and have a great day! Annette

No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.