Monday, April 14, 2014

Watermark Easter card...

Hello!  Happy Monday!  I am busy making my Easter cards (at the last minute!) and have one I made this morning to share with you. :)  I followed the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog.  Here's the sketch:
And here's my card:
 As you can see, I used the watermark image from the awesome stamp set called: Happy Watercolor.  As I stated before, my favorite stamp image from the Occasions catalog is the watermark image from this stamp set.  And look how cool it looks with my retired Everybunny stamp set!  Yes, I did water color a few things-rather quickly I might add- after the fact, but you certainly wouldn't need to.  It's such an easy way to add color to your outline stamp images without the hassle of coloring each image! Hoot-hoot!  Isn't this fun?

 I also used my new Fringe scissors again.  First I hand cut a "curve" shape on the Gumball Green piece and then cut it with the my scissors to give it a "grass" look.  Then at the last minute I added a strip of Daffodil Delight on the bottom.  I maybe should have kept either the "grass" theme with it our changed the green piece....but I have to get the Easter cards out...so kept it as is.  What do you think?

RECIPE:
STAMPS: Happy Watercolor and Everybunny (retired)
INK: Memento Black, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green
PAPER: Watercolor Garden DSP, Gumball Green and Daffodil Delight card stock
ACCESSORIES: Fringe Scissors, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Aqua Painter and colored Rhinestones.

Have a great Monday! Happy Stamping! 


3 comments:

  1. Fun background for this adorable card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Easter card! I love the colors and the adorable chicks. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I love this, Annette! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.