Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring Flowers

Long time...no see, I mean long time...no post. : )

Waking up to over a foot of snow and school cancelled again today, it is apparent that we must channel "spring thoughts" or winter will never leave us here in Minnesota! It's nice to have a day off, but not a foot of snow! So this morning I looked for spring themed cards that I have photographed but haven't uploaded to my blog.
I love this card. It was a Make and Take for one of my recent classes. Colors are: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green. I used a strip of designer series paper from the Print Poetry stack to create the color combination.  I added some stitching on the side and bottom of the card using the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder- which is one of my favorite accessories right now.  I then carefully rubbed the stitching with White craft ink using a sponge dauber. 
 Flowers are from the Bloomin' Marvelous stamp set (SAB 2013) and were hand cut and adhered with dimensionals.  I then applied Dazzling Details glitter to the center of each flower.  Hope you like it and that it brings Spring to Minnesota by noon today! tee-hee! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An attitude of gratitude creates blessings.